Marina delivered our donations yesterday and sent me this letter this morning:
Dear Amy!
Yesterday in the orphanage everything was remarkable! I brought your donation and things which were brought by [other adoptive mama]. I made small posters about you. I placed your photo with the signature about your family. And nearby I wrote, "For the Warm Shelter! With love from friends!" (you will see on my photos). As a result on your donation we bought only medicines- we decided that this is most important. Many children in the orphanage have neurologic and other serious diseases. Drugs for these diseases are very expensive- almost each packing costs from 1 to 2 thousand rubles, and it is necessary for children constantly. I and my husband had to go round many drugstores to find it because of the high prices many drugstores don't keep such drugs in a large number. In some it was can buy only some remained ampoules to collect at last the whole packing. But I did it with pleasure, and when I said that it is the help from an American family for the orphanage, workers of drugstores became even more benevolent.
In the orphanage just in a corridor workers started to ask us what we bear, and I explained to all that it is the help for them. Sergey, the head, was glad and confused at the same time. He asked on you, and was touched by that people whom he never met are ready to help, having learned about the need. He conveys to you huge thanks! Sergey as the doctor, especially suffers from shortage of drugs. It is heavy for it when he knows that the child needs treatment, knows the drug which can help and has none.
So, your help is very necessary and timely. I am grateful to you that I could take part in such good business. The administration of Pskov also transfers you gratitude words!
Elena, the director of your orphanage, already took a part of money too (By the way, you managed to send photos to her?). While she didn't tell me, on what it will spend.
Now on turn of purchase for the biological family. But representative of guardianship is in holiday still. And I don't decide to go to this family alone. There the difficult situation, people hesitate of they act, the poverty. If I come one, it will be probable unpleasantly for them and can confuse them. Therefore I wait and I will tell you at once.
And here are the photos of Marina with Sergey- the poster that Marina made of our family, and the donations of medicine:
Marina sent a similar letter to the other adoptive families who donated gift cards for the parents traveling to purchase items and hand deliver them to Marina for the baby house. Those photos are below:
I am putting together a Giveaway to raise more money for this baby house, as their need will continue and these supplies will only last so long. If you have any items you'd like to donate- hand crafted items, new electronics, gift cards in any amount- it would be greatly appreciated. Please leave a comment or e-mail me ASAP- I won't publish your comment but will make a personal note. Thank you!
And I got my own little present from the family currently in region- I asked the mama to speak with the director and ask if she had any photos of Lina from when she lived at the baby house. She is going to mail me the photo of Lina by herself, but the director had just shown her the other photo, so she snapped a pic of both to show me.
SO CUTE!!! I have asked said adoptive mama to try to find out about when these photos were taken so I can figure out about how old she is in them. Some of my readers who follow other families who have adopted from this region may recognize the little blondie sitting next to Lina also. ;)
Dear Amy!
Yesterday in the orphanage everything was remarkable! I brought your donation and things which were brought by [other adoptive mama]. I made small posters about you. I placed your photo with the signature about your family. And nearby I wrote, "For the Warm Shelter! With love from friends!" (you will see on my photos). As a result on your donation we bought only medicines- we decided that this is most important. Many children in the orphanage have neurologic and other serious diseases. Drugs for these diseases are very expensive- almost each packing costs from 1 to 2 thousand rubles, and it is necessary for children constantly. I and my husband had to go round many drugstores to find it because of the high prices many drugstores don't keep such drugs in a large number. In some it was can buy only some remained ampoules to collect at last the whole packing. But I did it with pleasure, and when I said that it is the help from an American family for the orphanage, workers of drugstores became even more benevolent.
In the orphanage just in a corridor workers started to ask us what we bear, and I explained to all that it is the help for them. Sergey, the head, was glad and confused at the same time. He asked on you, and was touched by that people whom he never met are ready to help, having learned about the need. He conveys to you huge thanks! Sergey as the doctor, especially suffers from shortage of drugs. It is heavy for it when he knows that the child needs treatment, knows the drug which can help and has none.
So, your help is very necessary and timely. I am grateful to you that I could take part in such good business. The administration of Pskov also transfers you gratitude words!
Elena, the director of your orphanage, already took a part of money too (By the way, you managed to send photos to her?). While she didn't tell me, on what it will spend.
Now on turn of purchase for the biological family. But representative of guardianship is in holiday still. And I don't decide to go to this family alone. There the difficult situation, people hesitate of they act, the poverty. If I come one, it will be probable unpleasantly for them and can confuse them. Therefore I wait and I will tell you at once.
And here are the photos of Marina with Sergey- the poster that Marina made of our family, and the donations of medicine:
Marina sent a similar letter to the other adoptive families who donated gift cards for the parents traveling to purchase items and hand deliver them to Marina for the baby house. Those photos are below:
I am putting together a Giveaway to raise more money for this baby house, as their need will continue and these supplies will only last so long. If you have any items you'd like to donate- hand crafted items, new electronics, gift cards in any amount- it would be greatly appreciated. Please leave a comment or e-mail me ASAP- I won't publish your comment but will make a personal note. Thank you!
And I got my own little present from the family currently in region- I asked the mama to speak with the director and ask if she had any photos of Lina from when she lived at the baby house. She is going to mail me the photo of Lina by herself, but the director had just shown her the other photo, so she snapped a pic of both to show me.
SO CUTE!!! I have asked said adoptive mama to try to find out about when these photos were taken so I can figure out about how old she is in them. Some of my readers who follow other families who have adopted from this region may recognize the little blondie sitting next to Lina also. ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!