I was graciously asked to share our adoption story with a DS parenting group up in York, PA and jumped at the opportunity! While public speaking certainly is not my forte, I do enjoy sharing our story and how God pieced all this together. I was also SUPER excited to meet Susanna Musser- mom to Verity and little Katiebird.... AND... I got to meet Katie herself!! She was such a joy to watch as her mom held her and shared her story as well- we were the only two speakers that evening. I requested to go first as our story was just a drop in the bucket compared to what Katie went through. There wasn't a dry eye as Susanna shared their compelling story.
Many commented how they would have loved to have met Lina, but I wasn't feeling brave enough to bring her. While Katie sat contently on her mama's lap the entire time, Lina would be all over the place! :) Maybe another time we will make it up to a meeting to introduce her while I don't have to focus on speaking at the same time.
If you are unfamiliar with Katie's story, please go to Susanna's blog: http://theblessingofverity.com/ Her story will move you like no other.
In other news- now that I have my speech out of the way, I am going to start putting together our auction to raise money for the Warm Shelter baby house in Pskov. We have an awesome assortment of items and I'm super excited!! Big thanks to all that have donated!! I do need photos for all items ASAP so I can get them all posted and ready to go. Also, any help with starting bids would be great too!
To give you an idea of what an online auction looks like on Facebook- go check out my friend Jennifer's auction which ends tomorrow- hurry up and bid before it closes!! She has a LOT of amazing things too and is on her way home right now from meeting her two girls for the very first time.
https://www.facebook.com/AuctionForWillisGirls
Happy Weekend, y'all!!
Many commented how they would have loved to have met Lina, but I wasn't feeling brave enough to bring her. While Katie sat contently on her mama's lap the entire time, Lina would be all over the place! :) Maybe another time we will make it up to a meeting to introduce her while I don't have to focus on speaking at the same time.
If you are unfamiliar with Katie's story, please go to Susanna's blog: http://theblessingofverity.com/ Her story will move you like no other.
In other news- now that I have my speech out of the way, I am going to start putting together our auction to raise money for the Warm Shelter baby house in Pskov. We have an awesome assortment of items and I'm super excited!! Big thanks to all that have donated!! I do need photos for all items ASAP so I can get them all posted and ready to go. Also, any help with starting bids would be great too!
To give you an idea of what an online auction looks like on Facebook- go check out my friend Jennifer's auction which ends tomorrow- hurry up and bid before it closes!! She has a LOT of amazing things too and is on her way home right now from meeting her two girls for the very first time.
https://www.facebook.com/AuctionForWillisGirls
Happy Weekend, y'all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!