Thursday, November 1, 2012

It's Angel Tree Time!!

Angel Tree officially starts TODAY!!  As many of you know by now, My little Angel Tree cherub this year is sweet Willow, residing in Lina's former baby house for the next few months.



I say few months because Willow turns 4 in March.  That's when she will leave the baby house and be transferred to the orphanage for older children with disabilities... the institution.  I saw the progression of photos from Lina's time in the baby house to her time in the institution, and there was definite change.  After transferring to the institution, her spirit seemed crushed.  Emotionally she was absent.  She had no one in her life who loved her best.  No one to give her a random snuggle or to comfort her when she was hurt or didn't feel well.  Nothing. Just her own two fingers to suck on for comfort, her own self to rock back and forth when she longed for someone to rock and soothe her.

We were able to break Lina free from those walls and provide these things to her, and Willow deserves the same.  Right now her pitiful little grant sits at less than $100.  I do have to say- it has sat at $64 for what seems like an eternity, and I went to double check as I am writing this post- and she has received her first Angel Tree donation!!! THANK YOU to whomever donated to little Willow!!!  Her grant is now $95.50- my goal as her Christmas Warrior is to raise her grant to $1,064- adding $1,000 to what her grant was before the Angel Tree started.  Can we do it?  YES WE CAN!!

There are a few ways you can help!  If you want to make a flat out donation to Willow's grant, you can donate here:

I will be putting her donation box on the side of my blogs, or you can also visit her Reece's Rainbow page directly HERE.  If you donate at least $35 you will receive a Christmas ornament with Willow's picture!

Another way you can help: shop for yourself!!  I will continue to donate my Tastefully Simple commission to Willow all through Angel Tree season.  With Willow's first Tastefully Simple party- we raised $75 for her!! I will be adding that to her grant shortly. :) Also- there will be an online auction going on for several Angel Tree cherubs, and Willow is one of them!  When you browse through the auction items, read the entire description to see which items benefit which child.  The auction will begin November 15th so keep posted!!

My sweet angel from last year has a family coming for her, and I continue to pray I will have the same luck this year as well. :) Let's get that grant moving so we can help Willow find her forever family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews