Monday, May 28, 2012

More firsts for Lina!

Happy Memorial Day!!  We had quite a busy day yesterday, beginning with our first post-adoption visit from our social worker!  This first report is just for our adoption agency to track how well Lina is adjusting to our family and any medical issues she's had.  Our social worker will come again at the 6 month mark, one year, two years, and three years home- these reports will be sent to Russia to assure them she is well cared for.  While this doesn't affect our own adoption, it helps pave the way for future families to be given the chance to adopt.  We will be sending photos to be included in the reports to show how Lina is thriving. :)  Our social worker was most impressed with how quickly Lina has adjusted and settled right in. :) She made note of all the doctor appointments she's had and upcoming appointments scheduled.  She peeked in at Lina's room since the last time she was here we had just begun our adoption process and the room wasn't decorated yet.  Kaylin had a LOT to say, playing little mommy and giving her words of wisdom, bragging about how well Lina's doing and how much she loves her little sister. :)

Yesterday Lina also got to attend her first pool party and met most of Mike's side of the family for the first time!  She was very nervous and scared upon arrival, mainly because she could hear the dogs crated upstairs.  She was quiet and shy, not sure why I was changing into this weird bathing suit thing... but once we got down to the pool she had a great time. :)



She did happen to tip forward when I was carrying her out into the pool, even with her lifejacket on, and was NOT a fan of that... so she clung to the steps where she could safely put her feet down. Didn't trust Mommy carrying her in the water after that incident!


She had great fun smacking this pool noodle down on the water... over and over. :)

Lina with Daddy :)

And Evan shares her sentiments regarding keeping his feet firmly planted, or clinging for dear LIFE to Mommy or Daddy (and no, he hasn't had a face first incident like his sister LOL).


Lina did get brave and joined her cousin on a raft while Uncle Jeff pulled them around- I was super impressed!



We are definitely gonna have to set up the kiddie pool in the backyard soon!  I'm super excited that we are getting a fence put up so I can take the littles outside much more often- I am too afraid to take them out by myself since they typically go in two different directions!  I just received an estimate which we accepted last night, and they are coming tomorrow to start the job! YAY!!  Bring on Summertime!! :))

1 comment:

  1. WOW! God is so good! I was thinking back to a year ago...and Lina's perspective. Can you just imagine? From life as an orphan with so many children and caretakers (and endured so much every day) to a miraculous life here with a mom, dad, two brothers and a sister who love her more than anyone ever could! I doubt she has ever known such blessings of a God and family that love her! I know He has some important plans for her -I just can't wait to see what they are! Thank you for allowing God to use you in his plans.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews