I want to express my heartfelt thanks to those who have been SO generous as to donate to P's adoption grant. I would send a personal note to each of you, but all the donations go directly to P's account at Reece's Rainbow, so I don't know who the generous donors are. They could be close family and friends, they could be complete strangers who have been praying for P long before we found her. Regardless of who you are, you are not only supporting P's adoption, but you are lifting my spirits. Immensely. We have only been official as P's family for 13 days, and she has received $1,515 already!! No fundraisers or giveaways to lure people in, just donations out of the goodness of people's hearts. I am absolutely humbled, and cannot say THANK YOU enough.
I've learned and am still learning how intricate the entire international adoption process really is.... This is our first experience with adoption, and adding the international aspect has been a total eye-opening experience. I have never been one to keep secrets, yet with this process there is much confidentiality. I feel like you all are part of P's extended family and I would never intentionally keep secrets, yet I am restricted with what I'm allowed to share. And then there are the restrictions keeping me from learning everything I want to know right away also, like how P is doing, if she has any medical conditions that will need attention, as well as what size clothes she wears (I SO can't wait to go shopping for her!!).
I happened upon a website recently, and spotted an updated photo of P. It appears she is no longer in the baby house where the first photos from Reece's Rainbow were taken. I almost didn't recognize her- her hair much darker and cut much shorter than in her photos from Reece's Rainbow- as you often see in the institutions. The look in her eyes... she just looked lost... confused... lonely. Oh how I want to fly there right NOW and scoop her up. I wish I could share this photo with you, but alas, the confidentiality gets in the way. I so can't wait to travel and meet her, hold her in my arms, and bring that gorgeous smile back to her face. I will most definitely have MANY photos to share at that point! We were told by our agency that we MIGHT be able to travel as early as September or October, but I'm not holding my breath. That would be absolutely fabulous if we could though! Things are really coming into place- we received both our passports and will be starting our home study very soon.
In the meantime, I pray each night for her health and well-being... I pray she isn't too hungry when she goes to bed at night... I pray she will be accepting of a family to call her own. I would be most grateful if you included these in your prayers as well. Your prayers mean just as much to me as any monetary contribution. Your comments on this blog carry me through. I will often pull up this blog and listen to "her song"... reading through past posts and comments. I feel like this bridges the gap, that incredible distance halfway around the world... and brings her right here. <3
***Coming soon- our first fundraiser!! Stay tuned, and bring your appetite! ;) ***
I've learned and am still learning how intricate the entire international adoption process really is.... This is our first experience with adoption, and adding the international aspect has been a total eye-opening experience. I have never been one to keep secrets, yet with this process there is much confidentiality. I feel like you all are part of P's extended family and I would never intentionally keep secrets, yet I am restricted with what I'm allowed to share. And then there are the restrictions keeping me from learning everything I want to know right away also, like how P is doing, if she has any medical conditions that will need attention, as well as what size clothes she wears (I SO can't wait to go shopping for her!!).
I happened upon a website recently, and spotted an updated photo of P. It appears she is no longer in the baby house where the first photos from Reece's Rainbow were taken. I almost didn't recognize her- her hair much darker and cut much shorter than in her photos from Reece's Rainbow- as you often see in the institutions. The look in her eyes... she just looked lost... confused... lonely. Oh how I want to fly there right NOW and scoop her up. I wish I could share this photo with you, but alas, the confidentiality gets in the way. I so can't wait to travel and meet her, hold her in my arms, and bring that gorgeous smile back to her face. I will most definitely have MANY photos to share at that point! We were told by our agency that we MIGHT be able to travel as early as September or October, but I'm not holding my breath. That would be absolutely fabulous if we could though! Things are really coming into place- we received both our passports and will be starting our home study very soon.
In the meantime, I pray each night for her health and well-being... I pray she isn't too hungry when she goes to bed at night... I pray she will be accepting of a family to call her own. I would be most grateful if you included these in your prayers as well. Your prayers mean just as much to me as any monetary contribution. Your comments on this blog carry me through. I will often pull up this blog and listen to "her song"... reading through past posts and comments. I feel like this bridges the gap, that incredible distance halfway around the world... and brings her right here. <3
***Coming soon- our first fundraiser!! Stay tuned, and bring your appetite! ;) ***
Praying you bring that smile back to her face soon like only a Mama can.
ReplyDeleteI am saddened that she was transferred before her 5th b-day, normally the "make or break" date. Praying that you will get your dossier together in record time and travel to see her ASAP!
ReplyDeleteI am praying your paperwork goes smoothly and that you will be traveling before you know it!
ReplyDelete