Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick funny :)

Mike went to get his first round of fingerprinting done today (we have to get three total sets of prints done at various stages of the adoption process) and I e-mailed him at work asking how it went.... when I went last week I had a horrible wait- about 2 hours when all was said and done, on top of the hour commute each way.  Mike slipped over after checking in at work- not too terribly far from his office.  Here was his response:

First - it took me a few minutes to find the office - the numbers on the office windows aren't in order. Then I waited in the main line for a few minutes; there were over a hundered people. I almost left. Then a woman called "Okay line up - parole and <something else> up front." and everyone who was sitting jumped up and got in line. So I asked the guy ahead of me and he said, "Oh no- the fingerprinting is down the hall."

Once I went into the fingerprinting office I was there for a total of 40-45 minutes or so. I noticed they don't call people in order. It seems that they take those applying for government licenses first.

Anyway - it wasn't horrible. 


Hahaha!!  Ok, the part about parole and <something else> totally cracked me up- who knows what line he was waiting in!  So glad he finally asked before just walking out.  Now we are just waiting on birth certificates to arrive in the mail (hopefully before we leave for vacation July 30th, otherwise I don't know what will happen since we have to sign for them- yikes!) and a letter from Mike's physician- then we will be finished the application process and will be able to move on to our home study!!

P.S. I just posted some cute pics of the kids yesterday on our family blog- go check them out! :)

**UPDATE** Birth certificates arrived TODAY!! *insert huge sigh of relief* I was a tad nervous since I ordered them online for the both of us, and you are only supposed to order for yourself or your child- I wasn't sure if we'd get away with ordering them together and I wanted to save the $9.75 processing fee and $15.50 shipping for separate orders.  SO happy!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you go them finished. I am wondering how patient I am going to be able to be through this whole process. I have a feeling I will want to say "do you realize you are making the wait of a little girl in an institution even longer. Please hurry up so I can go and get her." Praying our girls home real soon and that they are safe until we can go and get them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews