Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting closer...

...closer to completing our homestudy!!  I just received the draft in my e-mail today for review, had just a couple little adjustments and sent it back.  Sent our adoption education certificates along as well- all our other documents have been received except one.  Hopefully that will be received later this week.

Just sent in a check for $2,120 with our pre-file documents and found out today we still need to send another $1,300 before the homestudy is released.  The $1,300 is prepayment of the post-adoption procedures which was on a separate document from the other adoption invoice we received.  It's been so confusing to decipher what we owe when since our adoption agency is also our homestudy agency- things are billed separately and on different invoices and I didn't realize the $1,300 was due at this time- otherwise I would have included it in the check I just mailed a couple days ago! Oh well.  I shared my confusion with the agency and she said they should think about combining the two on one invoice so it's less confusing.  Certainly would help me anyway. :) Overall it has been a huge convenience having the two together though- one place to contact and send documents... so easy.

October is approaching quickly.... I get overwhelmed thinking we could be traveling just one month away, and then I keep praying that we can get all this paperwork completed in time to receive an October travel date.  People keep asking if we could have her home by Christmas- how awesome would that be???  I certainly am not holding my breath, nor do I want to get my hopes up only to be let down.  Honestly, I think it is highly unlikely we'd get her home for Christmas- I am hoping for sometime in January.  Christmas would be a fabulous surprise though.

Now that school is in full-swing, I am thinking about all the activities and events Kaylin and Justin will have in October also, hoping that everything will run smoothly while we are away.  I have to keep reminding myself that this first trip is only about 5 days- we can do it! :)

I started working on a photo book to bring with us and show P her family, her pets, her house. :) Fun stuff.  I'm also thinking about what else I'd like to bring to entertain her when we visit- toys and activities etc.  If you have traveled to your child's orphanage already, please share some ideas of what you brought!  I'm thinking P may like some of Kaylin's mini pony toys and maybe some Polly Pockets. :)

Please keep sharing our Birthday Bash Giveaway!!  And remember- each time you share on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog- please leave a comment on the Birthday Bash post so you can get an extra entry- you can get one extra entry per day!  I know I have many people who donated on my Facebook, but I can easily miss seeing a post here and there, and certainly will not be able to find them all when it's time to chart out all the entries.  I left a few for people already, but I haven't had a chance to do so for some of the last ones I've seen- so please go quickly leave a comment.  Thanks!

And just to refresh your memory.... ;)



First up- the Big Kahuna.... an Apple iPad 2 
32 GB with Wi-Fi
Your choice of black or white as well as engraving
Retail Price $599
***UPDATE***
Winner of the iPad 2 will also receive a leather smart cover in your choice of color!




    Baby Teether and Necklace for Mama all in one!!
    This chic teething necklace is made with premium 100% cotton, beaded with natural unfinished beads, and knotted for a beautiful fashionable accessory for any mama to wear!  The necklace is tied back into a cute bow with satin ribbon.  But best of all, you don't need to be a mama to rock this necklace!!  This necklace is beautiful to wear on just about any occasion.  Handcrafted by my dear friend, Jenna- please go check out her Etsy shop- she has the most beautiful things there from adorable paper products to beautiful diaper cakes and gorgeous jewelry.  She is one of the craftiest people I know! 



    Another super sweet crafty friend of mine, Erin, is donating this beautiful ombre purple scarf in super soft chenille.  She takes custom orders and can crochet just about anything!! You can find her on Facebook HERE. I have to tell you, last winter I ordered the most ADORABLE angry birds hat for Justin and he absolutely LOVES it.  

    Erin will also be graciously donating a hat- photo coming!!



    Our cousin, Jazmin, is generously donating this beautiful infinity scarf- wear it long or wrap it twice for a tighter look and feel!  You can find her Etsy shop HERE- beautifully crocheted items as well as jewelry and other art items- check them out!

    Sooooooooo.... how do you enter to win these awesome prizes??  Super easy!! 


    Make a donation using the Birthday Bash ChipIn Widget above- this is tax deductible!!  It goes through Reece's Rainbow so PLEASE be sure to specify "P for the LIVINGSTON FAMILY" in the comment section while checking out.  Very important, otherwise P doesn't get her birthday present!


    $10 = 1 entry
      $25 = 5 entries
        $50 = 15 entries
      $100 = 50 entries

    After you make a donation, you can get a freebie entry each day you share on Facebook, Twitter, or if you blog about it (please share a link) - just be sure to leave a comment on this post when you do so.  PLEASE spread the word!!  This Giveaway will end October 7th at midnight Eastern Time.  This Giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only.  Each prize is separate aside from the iPad 2 and cover.  Winners will be chosen using www.random.org.

    If for some reason we don't bring in enough money to pay for the iPad 2- we will split the money 50/50 with the winner of that prize.  Praying we bring in more than enough money and won't have to worry about that!  By the way, if we bring in at least $2,000- we will start adding accessories to be given with the iPad!!  So SHARE SHARE SHARE!!

    Happy Birthday, baby girl.... I can't wait to throw you a big birthday party of your very own.... You are so special and deserve a special day all about YOU. <3

    ImageHost.org

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

    Popular Posts

    Total Pageviews