Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Wishes

I know y'all are waiting for me to go on about how I wish little Lina was here for Christmas, but while of course that is true, that's not what this post is about.  It's about all the precious angels waiting on Reece's Rainbow's Angel Tree.

My first wish already came true- we reached Jessa's Angel Tree goal of $1,000!!! I can't express how THRILLED I am that this was accomplished- I was so worried with working on our own adoption that I wouldn't be able to give enough time and energy to sweet Jessa who of course is so deserving.  But she made it.  Some very very VERY generous donor bumped her up almost $500 so she could reach her goal.  Now we just have to get that family of hers to claim her, wherever they may be!!


This next sweetie pie just received an even bigger donation- bumping her up over $16,000!!! Can you believe it??  Megan is described as active, assertive, social, and smart.  She is healthy too- no heart defects! I pray Megan's family finds her soon!  


Whenever I visit the Angel Tree page (which is about once a day to check on my Jessa), it warms my heart to scroll down to the bottom and see all the little ones who have been claimed during the Angel Tree program- now 14 precious little ones have families working to bring them home!!  I keep checking to see if more have been added.

If you're looking for an extra little stocking stuffer and an opportunity to give another loved one the chance to give this holiday season- please consider the Angel Tree Dollars!


There are three designs to choose from- you simply choose a dollar amount to donate, and the certificate is e-mailed to you to print off and place in a card or stocking.  The recipient gets to go online and choose which precious angel will receive their Angel Tree Dollars!  If you wish to give to several recipients- simply make one total donation and then print as many certificates as you'd like, include your AT number given to you, and write the amounts you wish to give on each certificate- just be sure they all add up to the total amount you donated.  Kids love this!  And what a powerful message we send our children by giving to others in need... helping them understand how truly blessed we are to have a family and each other... helping them understand that even though they are small, they still have the ability to help and make a difference in the life of another child.

I wish the very best for you and your family this Christmas season! Merry Christmas from our house to yours!

******UPDATE!!!******
I JUST found this in my e-mail and had to share!! What an opportunity!! TODAY ONLY (Dec. 22) UNTIL MIDNIGHT!!


A generous donor has offered to bump our waiting children tor each their 2011 Angel Tree goal of $1000.   For each child who gets "bumped over the hump" of their halfway ($500) mark, this donor will BUMP a child who is next in line to reach their Angel Tree goal!

For example:  Currently, Garrett 26HA is "next in line" to reach the $500 mark.  Right now he has $455 in his Angel Tree fund.  So if Garrett raises $45 or more by the end of the day today, then this matching donor will give enough for Anastasia 3G (who is currently at $735) to reach her $1000 Angel Tree goal. 

SO, go to our Angel Tree page, choose one child from the $100-$499 level,give enough for themto get them over their $500 mark, and the next child in line in the $500-$999 level will get bumped over their goal! 



ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!  
And photo ornaments are still available, so although we can't get them to you before Christmas Day, they will make wonderful decorations for next year and hopefully your sponsored child will be HOME with their forever family next Christmas!

So share this email with your friends/family/colleagues/churches/Facebook/Twitter, and let's BUMP all of our kids for a Christmas Miracle!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to finally know who Jessa's Christmas warrior is! I saw her on the Christmas angel page and she is the 1st baby I have seen on RR that I had such a strong feeling of attachment to. I even mentioned her to my husband, who is NOT ready for adoption, to please consider her. So far, nothing from him, but I keep thinking about her. I have never really thought I could adopt, but something about this angel really touches my heart. Thank you for being her warrior and I will keep praying that maybe my husband will grow to love her like I do. In the meantime, I will pray for her health and well being and if I can't be her mommy, hopefully someone great can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn Marie Portanova-gentletouches_mt@yahoo.comDecember 29, 2011 at 4:53 AM

    amy, i am so tickled that you are to become pauline's mommy!prayers going up for your family! when i saw her pic and the requirements on her adoption i knew she needed tons of prayer to get the perfect family who could meet them all! what a mighty God we serve cause here you are!
    my other praise is...wow so much love for sweet little Jessa angel! I am so hoping to become her mommy!i am so happy to find her Christmas Warrior! praising God for her grant which continues to rise steadily. i have her ornament.:) i am praying and working hard toward committing to a RR baby. I pray it can be Jessa as i have loved her deeply from the day in april when i found her picture. There is just something about the light in her eyes that touches my soul. i am just so glad there is so much love for her and so many prayers. God is Good. Surely she will find her family among us! I am single and working feverishly in many different areas of life and home to make her adoption possible. if anyone would like to support in prayer the three main needs are
    1.Maintenance of Steady work (pediatric therapist)
    2.Rapid, Safe Completion of necessary healthy home renovation/repair (has already taken 3 mo longer than proposed...)
    3. Enough work to continue to grow the adoption fund hopefully for Jessa (1/3 there already...)
    thank you for prayer! i pray pray pray esp for all the traveling families going to bring home their treasures and just see so many miracles happening! GOd bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews