Monday, December 19, 2011

Reality sets in...

I had been convincing myself that it could be possible to have Lina home in February for Kaylin's birthday.  How awesome it would be to give my first born a little sister for her birthday!  Sadly, I don't think that is very realistic anymore.

We had some delays with a couple court documents and were told we most likely won't hear anything until after January 10th.  Lina's country closes down from January 1-10 for the New Year.  And usually about 6 weeks notice is given for the court date- so I am praying we can receive a court date by the end of February, but realistically it could be March.  Add a new law her country recently put into place changing the 10 day wait to 30 days (this is a grace period after court until the adoption becomes official, leaving time for any appeals), and we could be looking at April for bringing Lina home.

I had already bought a snow suit to bring her home in since her country is so cold and snowy, but if we are looking at March or April, she more than likely won't need it.  I returned it to the store today.... secretly hoping that since I returned it, I will end up needing it.  Good ole Murphy's Law. ;)

Our family has been making more preparations for the holidays- Kaylin participated in our church's live nativity:


 My adorable burlap shepherd :)

Kaylin and I baked cookies yesterday.  We took the long way home from her Girl Scout meeting tonight to check out more Christmas lights through the neighborhood.  Participating in all these holiday traditions makes me long to have Lina home even more.  Being an orphan all her life she has never had the opportunity to participate in any of these activities or enjoy any kind of traditions.  I can't wait to see the look on her sweet face when she comes downstairs next year on Christmas morning and gets to experience all the magic this holiday brings.  We love you little girl!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews