Wednesday, October 12, 2011

31 for 21 Day 12: i have a voice

Powerful words.  Stunningly beautiful photos.  All God's children.



Please please ask  me some more questions about Down syndrome! :)

2 comments:

  1. Does Down syndrome occur equally across all races? It seems as though I mainly see people of caucasion ethnicity with Down syndrome.
    P.S. That was an absolutely beautiful video. Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question for you -
    I have been supporting a few kids on RR this year and learning more about DS since I had a high liklihood of having a baby with DS this year (it ended up she did not have DS). Anyway, this past Sunday a mom at my church and her daughter (about 6-7 years old) were admiring my baby and trying to get her to smile, etc. I have had the feeling the little girl has DS but am not sure. I've studied her face in our church photo album but can't tell. Is there a way to ask the mom in a diplomatic way or should I just ask our pastor?
    Also, we have a little boy in our son's boy scout troop with DS. He started out in the same grade as my daughter and is now 3 grades below that (not advancing). Again, I want to strike up a conversation with the mom and ask how her son is doing and if I can be of any help to her (not sure how, just want to offer because she sometimes looks tired -- but aren't we all!). She seems sort of isolated at the meetings and I'm never sure what to say to her. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews