Tuesday, October 25, 2011

31 for 21, Day 25: Good news and bad news

I will start with the good news:

WE HAVE TRAVEL DATES!!!  We will be meeting our baby girl very soon!!!! :)) I'm not going to publicly post when we will be going because I am not comfortable announcing to the world when I will be away.  But, to those with ill intentions- just know that our house will NOT be empty while we are away anyway! :-P LOL The kids will stay here with family while Mike and I travel.  So excited and nervous all at the same time!!! Lots to do!!!!

The bad news:

We were cautioned by our adoption agency that apparently *P*'s name and photos have been "Everywhere".  We were told to take down all her photos as well as her name since it is similar to her birth name which is confidential.  I was always curious about why Reece's Rainbow didn't give more different names since they are often close to a child's birth name.  Sooooo... her photo and name will be coming down from Reece's Rainbow as well.  I painstakingly went through this entire blog removing every mention of her name (it took me over an hour and a half) as well as her pictures.... and I even had to delete all the precious comments people left which included her name also.  This was SO extremely difficult for me.  So many beautiful words and well wishes I hated to throw away, but it had to be done.  We don't want to jeopardize any part of our adoption.  A few posts I hid entirely but will put them back up after our adoption is final.  I also took down our donation box until we get a new one without her name listed.

Since the web address for this blog includes her name also- I am going to be changing it.  Please know that it is not disappearing!!  Please bookmark the new web address:

http://gracefulbutterflywings.blogspot.com/

  I will be e-mailing Reece's Rainbow since we need her photo and name removed from their site also, and I will provide an updated web address for our blog on that page as well.  Sorry for all the confusion! :(

I also request that if you blogged about *P* in the past- please be so kind as to remove her name and photos from your posts.  I am so moved that others took the time to blog about her. <3 Also, while leaving comments, please don't type her name, just use "P", otherwise I will not be able to publish them.  We need to protect her best interests.  Thank you so much for understanding!!

4 comments:

  1. I will take "Sweet P" off of my blog...hate to but I love you and "Sweet P" enough to do what is good and right for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been very busy. Sorry that you had to go through all of that, but glad that nothing has been compromised and yall are still on your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Removed everything from my blog... And public FB page.

    Note to others who have blogged about sweet P - Make sure you edit your link! When you mouse over the old link, sweet girl's name shows up in the old web address!!

    Just a little PSA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww sorry you had to do that. Excited about the good news. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews