Monday, October 31, 2011

31 for 21, Day 31: God's still got our backs

The last day of 31 for 21!! I MADE IT!!  Patting myself on the back for posting every single day this month whether it was on this blog or our family blog.  I was worried I wouldn't have enough to post about, nor the time to do it, but I did it!! YAY!!  I hope during this time of Down Syndrome Awareness Month that you may have learned a thing or two- I would love to hear from you!  Was there something in particular you took away from reading?

So, back to the title of this post- God's still got our backs.  Had another one of those moments last night where after a moment of complete panic regarding one of our documents, I realized that God was totally looking out for us and made sure we were put on the right path.

I belong to a couple private online forums related to Reece's Rainbow adoptions- groups of families involved in the adoption process, and one group in particular adopting from the same country.  It was a question raised on the latter forum that caused extreme panic- we completed something incorrectly on one of our most important applications: our I-600A- application to the United States Customs and Immigration Services for permission to bring a child into the country.  Yea, just a tad important!!

Someone on the forum posed a question while completing the application, and I know God brought her to ask this question so I would see it with the responses and learn I entered the wrong information.  I would see this error before it was completely processed giving us time to get it corrected before it threw a wrench into our plans.  I started to panic right away when I saw my error, digging out the copy of the application I saved in my files.  I thought the question was asking for the location where we would be going for our fingerprints, but in fact I needed to enter the US Embassy in P's country where the approval needs to be sent!!  BIG difference!!  I immediately e-mailed our adoption agency last night.

Have I expressed how awesome our agency is??  HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them!! I will give more info after our adoption process is complete.  Our adoption coordinator e-mailed me RIGHT back reassuring me that this error was not catastrophic.  I need to make a phone call in the morning to the government office and see what I need to do to get the approval on the right track after it is processed.  WHEW.

I call this morning- the staff I have spoken with on a couple different occasions have been wonderful also.  I was told that our file hasn't been assigned to an officer yet, but she would make a note for the change.  It would simply involve them crossing out the one location and entering the correct one.  WHEWWWW. *deep inhale..... deep exhale....*  I also mentioned that we would be out of country for the appointment date given to us for our fingerprinting and that we wish to walk into the office early to have that done.  She requested I call back the day after we have the fingerprinting completed to let them note on our file that it is complete- the officer assigned to us would normally wait until the appointment time to check and see if it has been completed.  This way they will know it is finished and our application can be processed quicker. :)  So glad I called!

Mike and I are going tomorrow for our fingerprinting- we've been assured that all should be fine and they should let us walk in with our letters and let us get printed even though it's not the date/time printed on our letter.  Keep us in your thoughts tomorrow that all goes smoothly with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!! Love to hear from you!

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews